From:
"A. Cuneyt Birol" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:30:35 +0200
Dear  Conch- L'ers,

I read on Thierry Dandrimont 's web site that melanistic Cypraea
tigris does not  exist in  New Caledonia.  Is this true ?  That sounds
weird to me.  I thought all the cypraeae get melanistic or rostrate
(if not both )  there... In fact,  I have one melanistic tigris
claimed to be from  New  Caledonia, bought from a highly respectable
American dealer.

I also need to reach to a good source on  Melanism or  Nigerisation
and Rostration.

All your comments and help will be appreciated.

 Best regards,

Cuneyt

A. Cuneyt Birol
Ankara / Turkey