From:
JONATHAN KELSEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:39:12 -0600
Good day,

My name is Jonathan Kelsey, I am the Research and Education
Coordinator at the University College of Belize Marine Research
Center.

We here at the lab have the availability of funding to perform some
in house conch research.  There is heavy fishing pressure here, as I
am sure exists everywhere.  We would like to tailor are research to
an end result which might help counteract this harvest barrage.

A colleague mentioned hearing of a Dr. Glazer who did research in the
Florida Keys and also worked up  a seeding program.  We would like to
do something similar, which might end up with a localized conch
fisher cooperative.

So if any of you out there have performed / read research that
addresses:
1. conch population assessment, life history, etc
2. conch fishing pressure assessment, and/or
3. conch seeding experiments

leads to such information would be very helpful to us here at the
MRC.

Thank you very much for your forthcoming help.
Sincerely,

Jonathan Kelsey
Research and Education Coordinator
University College of Belize