Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 17:19:19 -0400
The level of the ocean varies, if water is moved from a large area with a
slow current into a restricted area such as around a cape or peninsula the
water level would be higher ...

As for the Indian tectonic plate on the move , it's the fastest moving of
all tectonic plates , it's  direction is upwards as it rams headlong into
the Asia plate, the evidence of this is the Himalayan mountains, this was
once a sea floor but the Indian plate is pushing into the Asian plate not
subducting,
I poised the question of rising seas to a contact at USGS Colorado, I'll
relay the message , I'll also see what's going on with the Hawaiian "Big
Crack" . now that's going to be big, real big when it finally falls the
12,000 ft into the abyss. for those who are not following this , a huge
crack is cutting away a large chunk of the big island , can you say 500ft
global tsunami, say goodbye , Sidney, Tokyo, Seattle, L.A., Hong Kong, Rio,
Hawaii, All the indo-pac islands and much of the normalcy as we know it.
this catastrophe has happened several times in the past, around the big
island are slides that fan out for several miles and show boulders the size
of stadiums , the world was not aware of this until a sidescan sonar imaging
of the area around the islands . have  a nice day, :)))Mark & Peta  Bethke
Hollywood, Florida