From:
Manfred Herrmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:21:54 +0200
Hi Chris,
I had the same problem when I tried to put the
image into the database (or even a link to the image) as
OLE-Object. Now I only save the filename in the
database (field ImageName as string). Then I use a
form and put in a picture, call it Image and use
the following code in the form

 Private Sub Form_Current()
     If Me.imageName <> "" Then
         Me.image.Picture = "c:\" & imageName & ".jpg"
     Else
         Me.image.Picture = ""
     End If
 End Sub

 So if there is an imagename in the database then the
picture which is named imagename is shown. So you
donīt need the space for the picture in the
database but only the space for the name.
So it is possible to have thousands of photos
directly available in Access without to use a hyperlink

Manfred