From:
Glenn Burghardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 16:50:18 -0700
In answer to your request for information on the Channeled Whelk, Busycon
canaliculatum, being introducted into California. We have collected this
species in San Francisco Bay on the mud flats along the San Mateo County
coast.  Of course this was before the ban on mollusk collecting. We also
have specimens in our collection that were brought up from deeper waters in
the Bay and along the City of Alameda shoreline.  Hope this helps.  If you
need photos etc., please advise and we can scan etc.  Best regards
Glenn & Laura Burghardt, 11424 Pioneer Ave., Oakdale, CA 95361 USA
email: [log in to unmask]
Worldwide chiton collection & study.