From:
Lyle Therriault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:19:08 -0500
I saw this specimen as well on eBay and I could tell within 10 seconds that
it was doctored because you can still see part of the original coloration
by the terminals......

simple heating can produce this effect if not too hot and cooled in the
oven, not taken out. Or left in the sun.....I really wish people would stop
selling this stuff or if they do to say it's not real.....but I also
realize some people just figure they got something awesome and different so
it should fetch top dollar,  they dont know any better.

Lyle

The

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-BUTTER-YELLOW-CYPRAEA-AURANTIUM-SPECTACULAR-92mm_W0