From:
Monsecourbrothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:18:03 +0100
Dear Olivier and others

Pardalina is from Jousseaume, 1888. It differs from Pyrene by the absence of
the subsutural band on te first teleoconch whorls (and other minor
differences). The genus Columbella is in another subfamily (with many
anatomical differences) and only occurs in America (both sides),  West
Africa and Mediterranean.

The genus Pardalina houses 2 species at this time:

Pardalina testudinaria (Link, 1807)
Pardalina marmorata (Gray, 1857)

P. testudinaria is most probably a complex of related species, but this has
to be researched more.

Many genera in Columbellidae will be split in more genera as there is
anatomical proove that some genera are polyphiletic (DeMaintenon).

Best regards,

Kevin