From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 08:53:58 -0700
Jasna Peternel wrote:

> Dear friends,
> I have one question also:Recently i received some common mediterranean
> pectens.During cleaning with bleach valves separated from each other.
> Which metod is the best for fixing both valves back together again?
> What kind of glue should i use?

I personally do not like my pectens valves glued together and I usually
just use a piece of thread colored like the shell to hold them together.
Wrap it around the shell a few times and it will hold the halves
together.  If you want to clue them use a white glue (here the most
common is Elmer's).  This glue is water soluable and if you change your
mind in the future or trade the shell to someone who wants to separate
the haves they can do so by soaking the shell in warm water.

Good luck in school,

Tom Eichhorst