From:
MR ART WEIL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:50:16 -0500
No! That doesn't really answer the question. I grew up in San
Francisco in the '30s. My Dad used to take me fishing every decent
Sunday on that strangely curved pier at the foot of Van Ness avenue.
One day we caught 269 fish. We caught smelt, perch, anchovies. Other
people with bigger rigs brought in White Sea Bass. Now, for whatever
reason, the bay has become unfit for even the fish. What happened to
the 269 fish? We had a Japanese janitor in the building we lived in.
He dried them and ate them. December 8th, 1941, the FBI arrested him.
He had a Japanese Captain's uniform in his room and was supposed to
be waiting for the invasion of California. Heck! He was a damn fine
janitor.
     The Question Man