From:
Simon Aiken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:30:38 -0000
If I can put the dealer's point of view: this is a species that we get asked
for all the time, but it's only obtained from old collections. I've seen
whole trays of them in museum collections, but totally devoid of spines, so
the species itself has presumably been fairly common at some time. Last year
we obtained a small specimen from an old collection with some of the spines
pretty decent - but by no means perfect. We sold that one for $150 without
advertising it, and I'm sure we could have asked a lot more.

Simon Aiken
Simon's Specimen Shells Limited
12a Daniel Owen Precinct
Mold CH7 1AP
United Kingdom
www.simons-specimen-shells.com
Registered in England and Wales company number 05236725