From:
"Harry G. Lee, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 07:40:37 -0400
Dear Conch-L'ers,

I received the following announcement.  I am forwarding it to Conch-L.  >Do
not reply to me, reply instead to Steven Manchester at [log in to unmask]>.

Harry

>MARINE MALACOLOGIST/CURATOR
>
> The Florida Museum of Natural History, at the University of Florida,
> invites applications for a tenure-track position as Assistant Curator in
> Marine Malacology.  The successful candidate is expected to develop an
> active collections-based research program using current systematic tools,
> and to assist in curating and further developing the museum's malacology
> collection.  The candidate must have a strong commitment to university
> education and is expected to interact in allied academic departments and
> public programs.  Minimum qualifications: Ph.D. and strong research and
> collections interests in systematic malacology.  Starting date: 6 August,
> 1999.  Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.  Send a letter
> of application, a curriculum vitae, a statement of research, collections
> and teaching experience, the names and addresses of three references, and
> reprints of three selected publications, by November 15, 1998, to Dr.
> Steven R. Manchester, Florida Museum of Natural History, University of
> Florida, P. O. Box 117800, Gainesville, FL  32611-7800.  The University of
> Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.  The   >
selection process will be conducted under the provisions of Florida's >
"Government in the Sunshine" and Public Records laws.

> Dr. Steven R. Manchester
> Department of Natural Sciences
> Florida Museum of Natural History
> Dickinson Hall; Museum Rd. and Newell Dr.
> PO Box 117800
> University of Florida
> Gainesville, Florida 32611-7800
>
> Phone 352 392-6564; Fax 352 846-0287
> http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/natsci/paleobotany/paleobotany.htm
> e-mail [log in to unmask]
Harry G. Lee
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Suite 500, 1801 Barrs Street
Jacksonville, FL  32204
U. S. A.    904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm