From:
Markus Niiranen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 15:20:17 +0300
I keep some of my shells in drawers in a wooden cabinet.
Each shell is in its own compartment which I have made from wooden partitions.
One drawer can have a maximum of 200 small compartments (about 3,5 cm x 3,5 cm) but normally my shells are bigger so one drawer includes less than 100 compartments.
You can see a photo of one drawer here:
http://www.femorale.com.br/collectors/markus/120.jpg
That's very useful because I don't need to buy plastic boxes for all shells.
The wood should be well dried - atleast I haven't noticed any signs of Byne's disease. The humidity and the temperature are quite low here in Finland throughout the year.
I'm considering to buy a second cabinet for my shell collection but that could be metal.
Does anyone know brands which have same kinds of metal cabinets - including a possibility to make all kinds of compartments to the drawers?

Best regards, Markus Niiranen

> Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:12:38 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [CONCH-L] Metal vs. wood cabinets
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Wow, I'm sure glad I asked.  Thank you Charlie for that detailed resopnse.
> I was considering building a nice wood storage cabinet for my specimens, but
> now I think I'm going metal.

Windows Live Spaces - sinun elämäsi, sinun tilasi. Klikkaamalla lisätietoja.
http://get.live.com/spaces/overview