From:
Emilio Jorge Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 20:26:19 -0400
Marlo Krisberg wrote:

> Opened this after I sent a reply to George.  Your answer highlights another
> question I hoped would be answered without me asking.  How do you hold a
> 0.5 to 2 mm shell so you can apply water pressure?
>
> Marlo
> Puzzled in Florida

Hello!

Hi,

HOLD IT VERY CAREFULLY!!

I hope the following advice highlights some of the questions you may have about
the answers or the questions.

Use a water pick with jet control. You may have to spend money, US$$$ to buy
the water pick. If you soak the teeny weeeeny ones in Hydrogen Peroxide you
will disintegrate the meat, or as you would say tissues. This will help you
toward getting the "pasted" meat off the shell. You will have to spend US$$$$
to buy the Hydrogen Peroxide unless you can glom it from one of our club
members.  Brian Hayes has these neat little nozzels he screws on to a water
hose to jet away the meat from Marginellas. He holds the shells under water in
a bucket that way they do not go shooting about.

I sincerely hope this was enlightening and that you have answers to your
dilemma about how to hold and clean the extremely small or as you would say
micro shells from 2mm to 0.5mm. The smaller ones would obviously have to be
handled with micro manipulators of some sort or by people with very small
fingers and a delicate touch.

By the way the Hydrogen peroxide works wonders even with big gobs of meat stuck
in Liguus and does not hurt the color (personal experience). Of course I stand
the Liguus up (vertically, aperture up) and fill the shell with the Hydrogen
Peroxide solution which is in the liquid state
--
Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

Please visit;