Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 00:00:57 -0400
This sounds very much like when my wife and I moved here to Hollywood , they
had just dredged and replenished the beach , there was a band of coral marl
at the waters edge , i found shells there that are incredible  including a 3
inch brown lined latirus (latirus infundabulum [gmelin 1791]) this was a
true find . the only problem , time , it fades , eventually chips and breaks
down the shell. good luck ,Mark & Peta  Bethke
Hollywood, Florida