From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:35:28 -0000
Is this why i see "Rumpf" authoring more shells then any other malocologist?
I don't think so .
As for Dr. R. Tucker Abbott being a JOKE? once more iI say , I don't think
so . Abbott was and is my second choice because he helped the promote this
"hobby" more then any other malocologist I know. He helped to break-down the
complex jargon used to words we can all recognise and learn. I really take
offense to you presuming him a joke . He authored several valid species and
wrote many valuble works . Excuse my ignorance but I've heard of  Buonanni,
i don't see where he made such great advaces in malocology . maybe you'll
spend a minute and point out a few of his attributes. would be interesting
and educational to ponder. M

Linnaeus first? No, not really: he is by far beaten by the blind Georg