From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 00:50:46 -0500
I'm sure it's been covered here before (I hear the groans even now), but
please put up with this one more time . . . I'm new to the list as of
yesterday.

We are planning a family outing down to Sanibel on Jan 10-16. Anyone have
any suggestions for where, specifically, we can find some nice shells? I'm
aware of the ban on live shells on Sanibel, but how about any neighboring
areas? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone have any answers for this one: A month ago, we stopped and
picked up some large Melongena corona on an oyster bed at low tide near
Carrabelle, FL (we live in Tallahassee). There were hundreds of them (most
about 100mm). Today we stopped to have a look and see if we could find a
monster (I'm always looking for that 120+mm biggie). But we scoured the
area and saw not a single one. Did they leave for deeper water as it's
gotten colder? I'm baffled (but then I usually am . . .).

Thanks for any and all responses/information/opinions.

Best regards,
Jim Miller