From:
Emilio F Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:44:34 -0600
Ross,

About a year ago I got a call from a friend who told me that while I was
out of the country a Russian shell collector had tried to get in touch with
me. I figured I had missed a great opportunity for exchange but two days
later I received another call from another friend with the same message.
AND A PHONE NUMBER. As it turned out the Russian was the captain of a fleet
that operated in Mozambique, and he had come to southwest Louisiana to buy
shrimp boats to take back to that country. He was still in Louisiana, so I
went to see him. He had in the boat about 40 or 50 large Cypraea fultoni.
However, although live-collected, most were dammaged by environmental
circumstances or predators. Of more interest to me were other species he
had, such as large, beautiful Conus milneedwardsii. My best trade was a
fantastic Festilyria duponti, the only one he had.

Emilio Garcia

Emilio F. Garcia
115 Oak Crest Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70503