From:
Stephen McMahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:40:36 EST
Greetings gang,

                        My friend asked me to post this for him in hopes
someone could help him out. Send answers to the group or to him directly.
Either way he'll get it. Thank you.

Stephen McMahan

<< Subject: Meinhardt, The Algorithmic Beauty of Sea Shells

 _The Algorithmic Beauty of Sea Shells_ was published in 1995 & revised in
 1998.  The author, Hans Meinhardt, is a multi-faceted scientist at the Max
 Planck Institute, in the field of computer modelling as related to problems
 in biology.  The book is both beautifully illustrated & highly challenging.
  It presents models for pattern development in seashells, the colors and
 shapes as well as the surface modeling.
 How has this book been received by mollusc journals & reviewers?  What is
 the status of his theories?  Are they part of mainstream thinking, a
 departure from earlier work, or completely new?
 Thank you,

 Peter Abrahams   [log in to unmask]