From:
Glenn Burghardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 16:17:07 -0800
First message:
Dear Conch-L'ers
Excuse this personal message to James but the suggestion of copying the
address and then pasting it in the 'To'  line to reply to the originator
does not work for me. The name gets copied but not the email address. IF
ONLY EVERYONE WOULD PUT THEIR ADDRESS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MESSAGES WE WOULD
KNOW WHERE TO RESPOND TO THEM.

Second message:
Hello James

I have been reading your messages and enjoying them. It is great to see a
young person such as yourself so interested in natural science, especially
conchology or malacology (since you are also interested in the living
animal).

I just visited your website and it looks great.  One comment. I have trouble
reading your links. The green color is not contrasting enough with the
silver background.  I am new to putting up a website as I just started about
the first of November with our chiton website. I am having a great time
finding new 'tricks' and making it better.

The main reason for this message is to state that we have a slit shell in
our 'non-chiton' collection  and I will be taking more chiton photos next
week. Would you like me to take a photo (which I have processed onto disk
format) and send it to you?  Also I have a model of a living slit shell. I
can also take a photo of this if you could use it.  Let me know.

Keep up the great work and above all, keep up the interest!

Best regards,

Glenn Burghardt

Glenn & Laura Burghardt, 11424 Pioneer Ave., Oakdale, CA 95361 USA
email: [log in to unmask]  website: www.chitons.com
Worldwide shell collectors. Special interest: chiton collection and study