From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:14:46 +0000
    A thunderously underwhelming response again to my late, but
admittedly not fantastically great call to walk the walk instead of just
talking a lot (about conservation, activism and ecucation, ie).  It
would be really great if we could get something going as a group,
instead of  just agonizing over the ethics of collecting itself (ok- i
went through that phase myself, but there are far bigger scallops to
fry, to paraprhrase a popular phrase).
    I'll tell you why bother:  Our voices and efforts CAN make a
difference, for the reasons i suggested in the previous missive.  We
cannot simply study and enjoy our exqisite little corner of the bioshere
anymore:  more is required.  I am open to suggestions, and am also
willing to help other individuals and groups, if i can be of service.

-Ross M.