From:
Travis Payne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 07:15:19 -0600
Hi Mel and all,

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect.  John duPont Hired Tucker Abbot away from the
Academy of Natural Siences to come work in the new museum he built, which is the
Delaware Museum.  When John and Tucker had a falling out, John closed the mollusk
department, effectively firing Tucker, who later sued John, as I am told.  Anyway,
the gardener or groundskeeper at the museum was then put in charge of the shell
collection.  That man was Russ Jensen.  I don't believe duPont ever had any
children.  I could be wrong, but if he does, they are too young to be the man
arrested for killing the wrestler.

Mel Springer wrote:

> Hi,
>  The Dupont in the old geographic was the father. It is the son John who is in
> prison.
> His collection was the basis of the museum which was founded by the father.
>                                                   Mel S.

P.S.  OLD geogrphic???  That was only 1969!!!  Dang, that would mean that I'm
getting...oh, well, never mind.
:)
Travis