From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 16:39:46 -0800
Patti;-
   There are things we should do and things we DO do. A lot of cleaning
depends on the size of the shell. In many cases, large shells will lose
their smell after a half hour spent in Clorox. They will also lose a lot
of the calcium stuff on the outside. Small shells like Olives are
well-treated with a water pik. I never cease to marvel how one can get
ten pounds of glop out of a two inch shell. For tiny shells, and a lot
of my wentletraps are tiny, the ONLY thing to do is put them out on the
porch, away from the wind until your nose tells you it is safe to
approach. All rotting things lose their smell with time. That seems, at
times, the one ingredient we are loath to use.
    Art