From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 00:15:57 +0000
About these left handed pyrums:

About two years ago I was contacted with people asking the price for one.
One month later I found out one was for sale in Europe: asking price was
17000$. As I'm a freak about shell-history, does anybody know what happened
with this specimen, and who  bought it ?
Country where this was offered was Austria, for your information.

Guido

Visit Conchology, with over 50000 names with author, 3800 indicated type
species, 5000 conchological images, and fun with shells.

http://www.conchology.uunethost.be/