From:
Amy Lyn Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:04:09 -0500
General suggestions for Conch-L subscribers are listed at:
http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/CONCH-L/CONCH-Lrules.html

There are several good web sites that discuss netiquette.  I recommend
Arlene Rinaldi's Netiquette Home Page:
http://www.fau.edu/netiquette/netiquette.html
which has English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and
Japanese versions.

I strongly suggest that Conch-L subscribers:
  1) Only send email you would be willing to say face-to-face.
  2) If you are upset or mad wait a day before sending your email - you may
change your mind.

Finally, Conch-L emails are archived.  Think twice about what you post to
the list.  Other subscribers will form opinions about you based on your
posting.

Amy, list manager

>By the way I second what was said about netiquette. But let it be a reminder
>to us all to thank who deserve it and not just a special case.
>
>I've concerning thanking one question to make:
>What is good netiquette when a question and it's answers are only posted to
>the list and not private?
>
>I ask because I'm on hopping from one leg to the other on this one.
>Left Leg) It's always good to thank for a reply to your question.
>Right Leg) Try to do it (and not to forget it) as part of a bigger reply
>than just a thank you to help those who have a moneyhungry ISP which
>calculates on a per minute tariff for receiving email.
>
>Anyone?
>
>Erick

Amy Edwards, Program Coordinator ------ [log in to unmask]

Museum of Natural History        --------        phone (706) 542-4137
University of Georgia            --------            FAX 706-542-3920
Athens, GA 30602-1882       --------       http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/
"A man's mind, stretched by new ideas, can never go back to its original
dimensions."             Oliver Wendell Holmes