From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 23:29:08 PST
What I wanted to say: You can describe a full species or a subspecies
according to the rules of nomenclature. What' s not allowed to describe
any more are forms and variaties. So you have decide you for a
species or a subspecies. You have to clear up if this species or
a subspecies already exist, on the other hand the will put your
described species in synonomy with the other. The name you give
to a species or a subspecies, you can choose as you want, you
can name this species after a person, who has worked on the family
or who found this species for the first time. You can choose a
name after what the shell is looking, but the species names should
not contain bad or dirty expressions.
Helmut from Innsbruck