From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 17:43:22 -0000
Well James I would say you'd become instantly immune , considering the fact
that you would never get the chance to be "stung" again . One small blerp
they (the producers of the show you watched on cobra venom) left out , venom
breaks down key parts of your body like your liver , heart muscle and er , a
, oh yea , brain tissue.

About conus venom being researched for medical applications

I read that it was the conus magus that offered the better results
especially in the field of pain management.

The complete list of conus belonging to the geographus family  (genus
gastridium, Modeer 1793)  are the following = blanfordianum, culveri,
eldredi, felinum, filamentosum, fragilissinmum (say that with a mouthful of
saltines) , haliotropum, intermedium, kongaense, obscurum, purpureum,
spectrum, stillatum, triste & tulipa

how's that , Mark James & Peta Susan Bethke
3001 South Ocean Dr. Suite 4-V
Hollywood, Florida
33019-2804
U.S.A.