From:
"Harry G. Lee, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 06:49:41 -0500
Subscribers,

Don't misconstrue my implied pique as my failure to appreciate the labors of
scholars who alter and illuminate my daily life.  I think I realize the
complexities of an undertaking such as writing this tract (vide infra), but
I laud the work (give PRAISE) just as the paleo- and malaco- communities do.
Such work does NOT go unrecognized or unrewarded.  (I admit I don't PAY
anything more than the cost per volume).

Harry

At 05:46 PM 3/7/1999 , Paul Callomon wrote in flowing prose:
>> There is a prodigious work entitled "Treatise on invertebrate paleontology,"
>> which has dealt with numerous phyla.  Among the mollusca, only the
>> cephalopods and bivalves have been treated intensively, and, although this
>> was considered a work-in-progress, I sense that the cast of contributors and
>> editor haven't maintained the enterprise, which you can see was desultory at
>> its best.

>Harsh words - another part was released last year, and work is in progress
>on several others to the best of my knowledge. The problem, as with all
>these collective efforts, is getting people to get on with it. The
>Gastropoda up to the Rissooidea are very well covered in volume 1.
Harry G. Lee
mailto: [log in to unmask]
Suite 500, 1801 Barrs Street
Jacksonville, FL  32204
U. S. A.    904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm