From:
"Kim C. Hutsell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:08:52 -0800
Paul,

Excellent point.  With the ease and accessibility of information on the
net, it is easy to forget that copyright laws apply here the same as with
printed material. International copyright law prohibits reproduction of
photos or text on web pages without acknowledgement or written
permission from the original author or photographer. Photos of shells
posted on websites, even for the benefit of all, should still be
accompanied by the proper acknowledgements. It's not just a matter of
legality, but a matter of courtesy and recognition for another's work.

Kim Hutsell
Field Research, Marine Malacology
San Diego