From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 19:24:26 -0800
Well, I guess that I'll jump in here to, not as a buff, as I have all my
clothes on, (JOKE) but as one who has spent a lot of time with Twila
Bratcher, the "Greatest Terebra Buff", even with all her clothes on, that
there is.  When she retired, a couple of years ago, she gave her entire
collection (several cabinets of terebra) to the Los Angeles Museum of
natural History.  When that was finished, she donated several boxes to each
of her clubs (Pacific Shell Club and Conchological Club of Southern
California) for a "bi-club" auction.  As most of the terebras were small,
and not a lot of the collectors in the club wanted "itsy-bitsy shells" I
bought the majority of the terebras, just to keep them together.  Many of
the shells were ones that Twila described, either by herself or with
Cernohorsky or Helen DuShane.  Of all the terebra buffs around, I'd like to
nominate Twila as the "President of the Board".
Dan

Dan & Hiromi Yoshimoto
1164 Vista Dr.
Eureka, California