From:
James M Cheshire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:57:21 -0600
Dear all, a while back I mentioned a tiny snail
I found in my backyard. Here is a more accurate
description of it:

Shell very small(3mm).
Animal is bright lime green.
Shell is transparent tan color.
Has about 3-4 whorls, shaped like
an auger but looks as if it was cut off in the middle early
in life. Apex round and sort of brown-orange. I found the shell under
a brick in a moist leafy area in my backyard. I noticed some very fine
vertical striations under 32x magnification. Can anyone tell me what this
is?
Also, when I collected it, I put it on top of the brick I found it on and
it came out.
But, when I took it inside and put it down, the animal got spooked, and
it withdrew
into it's shell. It has not come out since I found it, last week. I think
it may be in a dormant state. Does anyone know how to get it to come out?

Let me know,
Kind Regards James

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]