From:
Amy Lyn Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:51:37 -0500
Mary,
Your request was not off topic - and sooner or later should be a topic of
interest to everyone who has a shell collection.  Please feel free to ask
questions like this on Conch-L again.  The sharing of information is what
this list is all about!
Conch-l subscribers have a wealth of information to share and usually are
more than willing to help each other.  The fine nature of our subscribers
has almost always made conch-l a wonderful list to be a member of.
Amy - List manager

>I've been away from the mail for a few days and am catching up, so pardon me
>for not saying this sooner: Thank you to all who responded to my question on
>databases.  I now have a fat file of great suggestions to help me decide which
>program to use, and how to use it.  All your postings, too numerous to list,
>are greatly appreciated.
>
>It never  occurred to me this request might be off-topic. Thank you to all who
>defended it as topical to this list, which I believe it was, as a collection
>related subject.
>
>Mary Graham in NH

Amy Edwards, Program Coordinator ------ [log in to unmask]

Museum of Natural History        --------        phone (706) 542-4137
University of Georgia            --------            FAX 706-542-3920
Athens, GA 30602-1882       --------       http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/
"A man's mind, stretched by new ideas, can never go back to its original
dimensions."             Oliver Wendell Holmes