From:
Ed Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:08:35 -0500
At 08:58 PM 3/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Ross,
>The April edition of Smithsonian magazine has an article you might be
>interested in.  It is titled "We're Scraping Bottom" and describes the
>effect of Drag Nets and Dredges  on the seabed biome.  It also mentions that
>the December issue of Conservation Biology carries 7 reports on what fishing
>does to the ocean bottom.  For those of us who don't subscribe Smithsonians
>web site is www. smithsonianmag.si.edu   Look under April 99 at Columns:
>Phenomena, Comments and Notes. I don't know if "Conservation Biology" has a
>web site.

The exact URL for the article is

http://www.smithsonianmag.si.edu/smithsonian/issues99/apr99/phenom_apr99.html

and there is a link to Conservation Biology.  The URL for the December
issue of Conservation Biology is

http://conbio.rice.edu/scb/journal/12-98toc.shtml#start

but it only lists the titles, not the contents of the reports.