From:
Maurizio Perini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:02:50 +0200
Monday   April 12, 1999   07:50 PM

Dear Alex and all,

In the original description of Oliva pica, Lamarck
(his correct name : Jean-Baptiste Pierre Antoine
de Monet, chevalier de la Marck was prudently
changed into "Lamarck" during the French
Revolution) wrote about the shell :

"Habite les mers de la Nouvelle-Hollande"
(It lives into New-Holland' sea).

Do you have any idea on where is this place ?

Many thanks, Maurizio.
(glad to hear you enjoyed what I wrote)

       Maurizio A. Perini
       Via Pedrazza, 9