From:
Rachel Moritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:44:34 -0500
I'm wondering if there are any conchologists on this list serve living in
the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I work at the Science Museum of
Minnesota, where we are putting together a small display of our most
beautiful marine shells. There's some knowledge in the biology department
here about the basics of shells, but we're looking for someone who might be
able to come down to the museum some afternoon or morning and just spend a
half hour or so with us looking over our shells and making sure we've
correctly identified them (a lot of these shells came to the museum without
information as to species or location, or with misidentifications). We
could provide a cup of coffee, free tickets to the museum and omnitheater,
and a chance to look at some very precious shells in our collections.

Let me know if anyone out there is interested.

Thanks!

Rachel Moritz
Exhibit Developer
Science Museum of Minnesota