Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:02:20 -0500
Michael LaFosse's comments remind me that I didn't tell the whole story
about forms and varieties. I'm doing now what I should have done to begin
with, that is, writing with the Code at hand. What I wrote describes how to
deal with forms and varieties that were formally named before January 1,
1961. But after that date, names erected as forms or varieties are
"unavailable", i.e., they are not governed by the Code. One might say that
post-1960 forms are informal.

Andrew K. Rindsberg
Geological Survey of Alabama