From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:04:52 -0700
Dear East-coasters;-
        This great storm has (or will) wash every beach along the Atlantic
Coast. I would like to get reports from anyone who can do a decent
survey of their nearby beaches. Is there more or less beach? What kinds
and in what quantities are the sea creatures washed up? Are there lots
or fewer sand dollars? Are the usual shells there? Are there any strange
sea creatures washed up?
        I believe this particular storm, due to its path, may have presented us
with a unique opportunity to study the effects of large upheavals all
along the Atlantic Coast.
        Besides it's a great excuse to go beach-walking. Wish I could join you.
        Art