From:
Ardeth Hardin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 12:52:42 -0500
My e-mail address is ladysheller.  Am organizing a 50th high school class
reunion and fellow classmates that I have not been in contact with for 25 to
45 years  and don't know that I collect seashells always write and ask what
is the significance of ladysheller.  They think I am either associated with
Shell Oil or in the Pecan business.  A sheller is a sheller I guess.

The snails in our backyard are few and far between this year because of dry
weather for the last 2 1/2 months.  Our son used to bring them home and put
them in the creek area from other places, like Waco Tx and Arkansas.  Used
to raise them and let them loose.    The other day he came in the house and
said "look what I found on the front porch"  It was  a species of  land
snail from Arkansas that he had turned loose many years ago and had worked
its way up to the house.  I immediately thought of the snail joke.  You know
the one--the guy threw the snail and 10 years later a knock at the door and
snail said "Why did you do that"  or something like that.

Off topic:  Also our backyard  (about l/2 acres of trees) is full of the
migrating Monarch  butterflies today.  More than we have seen in years.
Our grandchildren are having a great time observing them.  They stop here
every spring and fall.  (I told them to watch for Flying Pigs, as  think I
read that Flying Pigs feed on Monarchs.  Of course they informed me there is
no such thing as Flying Pigs. )  (grin).

Ardeth Hardin  Carrollton, Tx