From:
Richard Sedlak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:00:43 EDT
Hi There...

In regard to the Powell "New Zealand Shells" I acquired a copy at, I believe,
a Broward Shell Club auction.  I think I paid around $15.00 for it and
interestingly on the inside first page the price when it was purchased new
was thus: $13.75...but that was marked out and it was reduced to $10.00.  The
book is in excellent condition, and as I also recalled there was not much
interest in at that auction (lacking the "pretty pictures" as such)....much
to my delight.  After reading how rare some of these books are becoming I am
now glad I made the investments so many years ago.  We had a local member by
the name of Ruth Little who operated Littles' Books in downtown Fort
Lauderdale.  She had so many of these types of books and sold them at the
price she marked them...even 15 years later!  Although the shop is long gone
in hindsight it was a wonderful place to spend time looking for elusive books
on shells, marine life, plants and much more.

Happy Shelling

Richard