Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:47:20 EST
In a message dated 11/02/1999 9:19:01 AM EST,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 For what its worth...you might consider using invisible ink seen by using
 Ultra Violet lite...I got the idea at the race track when they stamped my
 hand for reentry to the club house...hmmmmalso doesnt show at all and might
 fool someone who has inclinations toward stealing ...Dont know how to remove
 it  but I dont want to on mine.  Mique

Hi Mique,
  Where did you get the ultraviolet ink. I looked and looked and couldn't
find it. I thought it would have been a good idea for those shells that I
didn't want to lose.
      My way of numbering shells, and I think we went through this on the
list a while back, is to put a small smear of whiteout along an inconspicuous
place and write the number on it with a fine uniball pen.
  I think in the last discussion it was determined that some type of white
paint could also be used.  With a small wipe of solvent the numbering and
paint could be "erased."
  I also was asked to put this on line. When you were all discussing what
type of pen to use on rag paper that was to be immersed in alcohol I should
have mentioned that the Uni-ball Deluxe black ink pen does not run when used
with a rag based paper and immersed in alcohol. This is what is used at the
U. of Miami Marine Lab. I don't know about other countries but here in the
U.S. you can buy them in any office supply store.
         Carole Marshall
          Lake Worth, Fl.