DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 12:59:29 -0500
8bit
From:
Heidi Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Dear listserv members,

I am a new DSSAT user and wondered if anyone could help me in estimating
a "reasonable" value for the soil fertility factor (SLPF) to use for
soils in the Fergana Valley of Uzbekistan.  Our study looked at deficit
and alternate furrow irrigation for common bean, green gram and soybean
as second crops after winter wheat.  Unfortunately, I don't know what
cultivars were used, as they were bought at a local market.  Until I
determine what cultivars were used, or other cultivars close to them, is
anyone familiar enough with the soils in the region to suggest an
estimate of the fertility factor?

Thank you and any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Heidi Webber
Student in Agricultural Engineering at McGill University, Montréal,
Canada