DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:29:20 -0400
Dear DSSAT users:

Below is an announcement for a new release of Compaq Visual Fortran.  This
is the compiler we are currently using for our next generation of crop models.

GH

>Date:         Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:02:15 -0700
>Sender: Fortran 90 List <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Lionel, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Announcing Compaq Visual Fortran version 6.6
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Compaq Visual Fortran version 6.6 is now available.  New features in this
>version include:
>
>- INTEGER(KIND=8) and LOGICAL (KIND=8) support
>- Optimizations for Intel Pentium 4 processors
>- Improved run-time performance for all processors
>- Annotations option adds optimization remarks to listing file
>- Completely revised WIn32 API declarations, reflecting current MS
>   interfaces
>- New version of Compaq Extended Math Library including sparse
>   matrix solvers
>- Improved project settings dialog for run-time libraries to make
>   mixed Fortran-C programming easier
>
>Many other areas of the product have also been improved.  The release notes
>(http://www.compaq.com/fortran/visual/relnotes.htm) give the details.
>
>Version 6.6 also improves support for concurrent licensing, an increasingly
>popular option for schools and large organizations:
>
>- You asked for it! We've added a 2-license kit to supplement the 5
>   and 10 license kits.  This is ideal for smaller shops and makes
>   Visual Fortran available for 8 programmers at a bargain price.
>- You asked for it! If you already have an individually-licensed
>   version 6.6 kit (either new or upgraded from an older version), you
>   can purchase single concurrent-use licenses to use with your
>   existing installation, letting you economically make CVF available
>   to a set of occasional users
>- We lowered the price of the 5 and 10-license concurrent user kits.
>- New Standard-to-Professional Edition Upgrade for concurrent license
>   users.
>
>By popular request, we have also added academic pricing for the
>Standard-to-Professional Edition Upgrade.  Please note that the Edition
>Upgrades now require that you be at 6.5 or 6.6 - if you wish to upgrade
>editions from earlier versions, you must purchase the Professional version
>upgrade.
>
>Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6 is available now from resellers worldwide.  Users
>of version 6.5 can upgrade by a free download or can purchase the upgrade on
>CD-ROM for a nominal charge ($20 in the US) from participating resellers
>worldwide.
>
>Users of earlier VF versions (5.0, 6.0, 6.1) who wish to upgrade to 6.6 must
>buy the version upgrade, but we've temporarily dropped the price of the
>version upgrades even further to encourage you.  The Standard Edition
>version upgrade was $329 (US suggested commercial retail), but is now just
>$199 - the Professional upgrade was $439, but is now $299.  Academic
>upgrades are even lower.  These prices are good through November 30, 2001
>(some resellers may end the offer earlier.)

> [...]

Gerrit Hoogenboom
Professor
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
The University of Georgia
165 Gordon Futral Court
Griffin, Georgia 30223-1797, USA

Phone: 770-229-3438