DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Michael Pool <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 00:44:43 -0600
    A number of people have expressed interest in the past concerning aboriginal
maize (Tohono O'odham variety) genetic parameters I might develop for use in
DSSAT 3.5.  I have finally finished my dissertation "Prehistoric Mogollon
Agriculture in the Mimbres River Valley, Southwestern New Mexico: A Crop
Simulation and GIS Approach" which includes the parameters I developed based on
Muenchrath's dissertation data and then using the Gene Calc program in DSSAT
3.5.  For any one interested in these parameters and/or my research in general,
a copy of my dissertation in PDF format can be viewed at
http://www.austincc.edu/pool/diss/index.html.

--
Michael Pool, RPA, Ph.D.
Anthropology/Geography Department

"-…abstract ideas have very little power in the face of social forces that
emerge out of the material circumstances of real life." (Mother of Demons (Flint
1997:114))

"That means nothing, Julius. Or almost nothing.  The forces that shape history
have their roots in the most basic conditions of social and economic life.  Good
ideas are like the morning dew in the face of those forces." (Mother of Demons
(Flint 1997:133))