DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ricardo Braga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 12:03:15 +0200
Hello DSSATers:

I have been working on the validation of Ceres-Rice for Portuguese
south conditions (Lowland Direct seeded rice). By now there are some
questions I would like to do:

1. What are the efforts to include uncertainty parameters
 (inputs ones or not) in the the model? The problem for me is
that it seems an "unjustice" for therespective model outputs
to be compared with experimental data associated with the respective
standard error.
For instance, in my case I have temp values with no decimals. So, I don't
know if the "real" value was 14.5 or 14.9.
Or perhaps the model is not so sensitive...
anyway I'll will do that study, but manually!

2. What are the new crop models comming up on DSSAT? Potato, Sunflower
   and...

3. As I working with Ceres-Rice I would like to know more about the model
function itself. I have the Manual for V2.1, but i would like to
receive more specific info about the model function in general and
subroutines involved. and if possible results of previous validations

4. I would also like to receive more info about some of the model
management options like the photosynthesis, etc.

5. In the Gencal program, one is asked about cultivar type. In the
manual that is discribed for soybean, but for rice I don't know
what to put.

Ok, thank you very much for any email...
bye