DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Jones, Jim W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 21:02:47 -0400
Alex,

Check with Steve Welch at Kansas State University ([log in to unmask]). He had
a large wheat variety trial dataset, and may have used those data to
estimate genetic coefficients for one or more of these varieties. We have
found that variety trials are valuable sources of information for estimating
genetic coefficients (for soybean), and I believe that Welch did some
corresponding work with wheat.

James W. Jones
Distinguished Professor
289 Rogers Hall