DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Tesfalidet Ghebreab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 19:17:46 +0200
Hi Andre,

Thanks for your helpful comments.

I found certain mistakes in my filex in line 21 and made some changes.
Then I tried to run the model but unfortunately it didn't work. I got a
message saying that my soil file doesnot exist. To check whether my soil
file is working or not I made use of it in another filex (an example
filex) and it worked fine. I did the same for my weather file and it
worked. The funny thing is that when I used both my soil and weather
files in that filex(example filex) at the same time, I got run time
error messages. Do you have any idea what is going on here?

Thanking you in advance.

Tesfalidet

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/24/02 08:41PM >>>
Hallo Tesfalidet
The driver program generates the inp file from the xfile, the soil and
the
CUL files. The crop growth simulation model run use the inp file.  So
it is
the crop growth simulation model that report this error while reading
the
inp file.

Open the ibsnat35.inp with a text editor and look for anything
suspicions,
usually it will be a Character in a place of a number that will
generate
this error. In short something is out of place, if you identify the
problem,
determine if the source of the problem is in the xfile, the cul file,
or the
soil file. If the problem is not obvious, it can be tricky. Most of
the
times it could be a tab or an EOF marker or one or another strange
symbol.

If your text editor does not display tabs, format marks, symbol (()
most
word processing packages will show all characters, format marks and
symbols.

Look also out for the classic 0 (zero)  O (oo) problem.  Remember never
save your dssat files as formatted text or RTF files. Do not use tab
anywhere.

Hope this help

Regards,
Andre