DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"DeJong, Reinder" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DeJong, Reinder
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:58:00 -0400
Dear all,

I have a long term (1895 to present)weather data set, consisting of
daily maximum and minimum temperatures and precipitation, that I intend
to use to simulate soil water conditions. Unfortunately, approximately 3
to 4 % of the daily data are missing, sometimes for as many as 90 days
in a row. There are no nearby stations that can be used to fill the
missing data gaps.
What is the best way to estimate the missing daily temperature and
precipitation values? Is there any readily available software to do this
job?
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Reinder

Dr. R. De Jong,
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
960 Carling Ave.
Ottawa, ON
Canada

P.S. Does anyone have the (current) email address of Benoit Gabrielle?