DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Brian Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 12:56:34 EDT
Dear Karthik --

In regards to your message:

>        I am working on DSSAT cropmodels in Unix environment. When I tried to
>run the model(cropgro- soybean), I got an error message as :
>        ERROR IN INPUT MODULE AND TEMP. FILE IBSNAT30.INP
>        PLEASE CHECK THE INPUT CONDITIONS
>        The debugger did not give any error message.  I could not able to figure
>out the error.
>Could anybody tell me the reason for the error message..?

It has been a while since I tried using the new version of CROPGRO and
CERES under Unix, but might make a couple of suggestions as to what to look
at.

1)  One very simple problem I've run across is that Unix is case sensitive
with file names (ie IBSNAT30.INP is not the same as ibsnat30.inp).  So
one thing to check is that all file names in .lst files, X files, etc.
are all the same as the actual files.

2)  I'm a bit confused exactly what part of CROPGRO you are actually trying to
run.  Are you working with the driver, input model and crop module or are
you just trying to run the bare crop model?  If you are trying to do the
latter you will some how need somehow generate a IBSNAT30.INP file.  I
would suggest reading over the "System Overview" Chapter in Volume 2 of
the DSSAT 3 users guide (pages 109-114) for a brief discussion of these
three diffent modules and how they work together.

If neither of these ideas help out maybe you could post a more detailed
explaination of what you've done up to now, and what you are doing when
the error occurs.

Regards

Brian Baer                                             [log in to unmask]
Program Analyst                       |
Dept. of Crop & Soil Science          |                      The Listening Ear
A87 Plant and Soil Science Building   |             Crisis Intervention Center
Michigan State University             |                      423 Albert Street
East Lansing, Michigan  48824-1325    |          East Lansing, Michigan  48823
(517) 355-8537                        |                         (517) 337-1717
                              (517) 371-2857 (H)