DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Sutapa Amornvivat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:48:53 -0400
Dear Members:

(1) We generated weather series before running crop simulation.  But, the
synthetic series--noticeably rianfall--differ when we used
from WTHER=W option in FileX, provided that a similar "seed number" is
specified.  We use 2480 for RSEED in SQX files and for Seed number in
WeatherMan

(2)  We want to specify a constant initial conditions identically across 100
years and simulations treated each year independently; all variables are to be
re-initialized at the sowing dates.  However we want to keep the water routine
on for the entire 100-year run.  As of now, we turned off the Nitrogen
rountine
OFF in order to simulate crop growth without nitrogen depletion across the
years.  We want to have realistic Nitrogen stress but be able to re-initialize
it for every growing season.  I understand that DSSAT has this capability but
could not find the reference.

(3)  When specifying fallow culitvar as FA--IB0001, I noticed that cumulative
precipitation is generated (under option WTHER=W) much higher than the average
annual rainfall.  Sometimes, only the fallow section (200 days) alone
accumulates 3-5 times as much as the total rainfall for the observed data,
which were also used for inputs in WeatherMan.  Why?

(4)  When I choose the option Analyze from ANALYSES -> SEQUENCE -> ANALYZE,
the
computer always freezes.  A command box states that the machine has
performed an
illegal operation and needs to be rebooted.   Could anyone suggest what might
have caused this symptom?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Sutapa Amornvivat

              Sutapa Amornvivat
Technology, Management, and Policy Program
    Massachusetts Institute of Technology

                 MIT 48-208
          77 Massachusetts Avenue
            Cambridge, MA 02139