DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Dr M. R. Anwar" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dr M. R. Anwar
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:01:50 +0900
Dear Subscribers in the DSSAT list

I am from Lincoln University, Canterbury, New Zealand and recently (19th July) joined the Department of Soils and Fertilizer, National Agricultural Research Center (NARC), Tsukuba, Japan, as a Post-doctorate JSPS Fellow.  The objective of my research is to develop a simulation model associated with N dynamics in soil in order to establish and assist a favourable crop and soil management for high quality and stable wheat production.

 I am intending to participate in the training program on DSSAT Version 4 "Assessing Crop Production, Nutrient Management, climatic Risk and Environmental Sustainability with Simulation Models", which will commence from December 9 - December 18, 2002.  It will be held on the Griffin Campus of the University of Georgia.  After the training of DSSAT workshop, I would like to validate or test the DSSAT crop model using the wheat field data from 1998-2001 (from experimental plots of NARC). I also wish to simulate grain yield with desired protein content under Japan agro-climatic condition and further develop a mechanistic wheat model. My queries are; what are the parameters I should use for successful running of the DSSAT model and please suggest to conceptualize initially as I am fairly new in DSSAT crop modeling.

Regards

M. R. Anwar

Dr M. R. Anwar (JSPS)
National Agricultural Research Center (NARC),
Department of Soils and Fertilizers,
3-1-1 Kannondai,  Tsukuba 305-8666
JAPAN

Tel: +81-298-38-8827 (office); Fax: +81-298-38-8837
E-mail: [log in to unmask]