DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 18:24:00 -0400
7bit
From:
Heidi Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Hello:

I am working with an unknown cultivar of common bean in Uzbekistan and
would like to use genetic algorithms to select appropriate cultivar
parameters following much the same approach as in Pabico, Hoogenboom and
McClendon (1999).  I am currently working on the code to write the
output of the genetic algorithm to the cultivar file.  My question is
whether or not I will need to use the "refresh" function in X-build with
each pass of new parameter values to DSSAT?  Or is this only needed when
a new cultivar is added (i.e. not changes to an existing cultivar)?

Thanks for any clarifications.

Heidi Webber